Today I will share with you a classic in Hispanic food, Arroz con Pollo. It is such a simple, healthy and tasty dish that your family will be begging for seconds.
- Slices of turkey bacon (you can use any kind of bacon, we try to eat healthier so we use the turkey kind)
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs, depending on the size of your family
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 cups of brown rice (uncooked) note: instant brown rice will get really mushy.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pepper, chopped
- 1 can of chicken broth + 1/4 cup
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley