Good morning! Did you guys have a great Halloween! We sure did, even though it was so cold! My husband went out trick or treating with the kids and then brought back our little girl (too cold for her but she still got her supply of candy) so I could stay and give candy to trick-or- treaters. I put my costume on and had a blast.I enjoyed seeing all the different costumes, but there was one that was hilarious. This little boy was a policeman, and he even had the mustache and the glasses on…he was about 3 years old….hilarious!
- potatoes, about a pound. I used Yukon Gold (I think they have the yummiest flavor)
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about one teaspoon of salt, 1/2 of pepper)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Salsa, optional (my family likes it)
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- you can add herbs like rosemary or parsley or ham.
Put 2 TBSP of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. It is important that the oil is hot so the potatoes can be crispy. Then arrange a layer of potatoes as you like. I do the bottom layer pretty overlaying them like a flower pattern and them dump the rest on top..you cannot see those!
Cover and let cook for about 15 minutes moving the pan so the potatoes do not stick.
The potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Here you see the layers.