Hello family and friends! I apologize for not posting yesterday ;-( but oh my!! It was a crazy day! We have been preparing for the Trunk or Treat at our Church and I am one of the women in charge. I will be showing you pictures next week.
Today I have TWO things to post. My kids and I have been having fun with Halloween this year. My son decided that he does not want to be a ghost and now he wants to be Tron. I CANNOT find this costume anywhere, so today I am going to the two last Halloween stores to see if I can find it. Otherwise I will have to order it online and pay a million bucks for shipping…;-( So yes, it has been busy around here.
For an activity for Family Home Evening (an evening a week that we gather in family council and talk about family issues, successes, stresses, and we have a spiritual lesson, game, song and treats) we created some skeletons using Q tips, marshmallows a black sharpie and the glue gun.
First, you insert a Q tip in the marshmallow.
Then, you draw a face for the skeleton. The kids had fun with this.
After that, gluing goes in this order:
- Shoulders, making a T
- Cut a Q tip into thirds and glue that to the “back.” These are the ribs.
- Glue one Q tip for each arm, from the “shoulder” Q tip.
- Cut 2 Q tips to form a triangle for the pelvis. Glue the base of the triangle to the end of the “back” and then the other two Q tips to each side of the base. Glue the tip of the triangle.
- From the two lower angles of the triangle, glue the legs. Then glue another Q tip to make the legs longer.
- Cut a Q tip and glue “feet.
- Let dry. You’re done!
The family having fun!
Only adults handled the glue gun, of course.
Proud of their creations…
Here is the Skeleton Family 😉
On the Halloween display…