- 1 lb of Turkey, lean
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 cup of the frozen seasoning blend (if you have not tried this, you are missing out! see the pics)
- 1 can of tomato sauce + 1/4 cup of water OR chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp of Sazonador Total Goya
- 1 can of red beans, rinsed and drained
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Secret ingredient: one TBSP of brown sugar!
- 1 TBSP of chili powder
- Garlic powder, oregano (smidgen)
Note: they misspelled “Chiles” in the can!!! LOL!
First, brown the ground turkey in a pan. Add a little salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce oregano and garlic powder, just to flavor it. Do not cook all the way through. Spray the crock pot base with cooking spray and add the meat. Then add all the rest of ingredients. Here it is uncooked.
Cook on low (better) or on high for 4 hours.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chips. We like Sun chips!
Serve with the yummiest cornbread in the world!