I am still working on my daughter’s room. Yeah, I know, it has been months. I am so close though. I’ll reveal it to you soon. The bathroom project got in the way and there were other things to get fixed. Anyway, my daughter was in need of a dresser. I had this dresser since we moved into the house that used to belong to my in-laws:
Needed some work done. Sorry this is the only picture I had of this dresser.
So I got to work. I took all the drawers out, took the hardware off and cleaned it really well.
I primed it using BIN Primer. I only use this primer when painting furniture. It adheres to anything, like glue! I did not sand it.
I realized that I could use the same hardware that the dresser had if I removed the wood part in the middle and spray paint them silver…
Then I applied 3 to 3 coats of white paint flat. Let them dry for about 8 hours and in between coats. I then applied some left over protector that I had from Cabinets Transformations from Rusteoleum. But you can also use Minwax Polyurethane or some other kind of protection for your painted furniture.
After it was dry I attached the hardware.
All done for little Princess’s room.
All done and it matched the decor in the room. I love it because it has so much storage!
Sharing the Fun at: